Sandy Schultz on Attunement
Six Practices to Connect to the Powerful Leader Inside
By Sandy Schultz
We are in very strange times.
We have data and information about how to create organizations and lives that healthfully thrive with connection, joy and abundance. Yet, there are cultural forces that continue to pull us away from that inner knowing and the practices that will allow our best leadership to grow and deepen.
My new book, Attunement: Six Practices to Connect to the Powerful Leader Inside, is a practice and reflection guidebook that helps reconnect you to your inner wisdom. Through the simple steps, along with fifty-two weekly reflection blogs and questions, Attunement’s practices connect you back to your core values and purpose, supercharging your ability for health and success.
Read more about the Six Practices below and join me at my six-week Attunement Workshop this fall. We will meet on Wednesdays from 12:00 – 1:30pm at Teton Yoga Shala between September 6th and October 18th with no meeting on October 4th. Over the course of six weeks, we will learn what each of the six practices means to you and other members of the community. We will meditate, journal and discuss how to connect to the powerful leader inside you.
The workshop cost is $125 per person.
Start with Circle of Attunement.
- Awareness – as we begin to expand our awareness and understand when and how we might break out of old patterns to tap into our deeper potential, we add more arrows of choice to our quiver of opportunities.
- Acceptance – when we practice acceptance and forgiveness, we maintain our own sense of power and inner strength.
- Articulation – values, vision and purpose are the three legs of your personal articulation stool.
- Alignment – small steps to aligning who we are and how we want to show up with what we do in all our roles can lead to a seismic shift in our inner clarity, confidence and competence.
- Appreciation – gratitude helps our spaciousness and with creativity and communication.
- Action – this is where the practice starts – first with awareness of our ability to choose how we show up; then with our own thoughtfulness and self-articulation about how we want to show up and what we want to bring to the world; then with small steps in the flow to align our roles and behaviors with those values, vision and purpose. The practice is solidified by the daily action of taking a few minutes every day to breathe, set intentions and be grateful.
Remember, it’s in the quiet shift that we create seismic change in how we feel, how we show up and what paths unfold in front of us.
A little about me. I combine over three decades of business experience and leadership from esteemed organizations including IBM, Procter & Gamble and Harvard University. I’m in a lifetime pursuit of understanding human potential and consciousness. I have taught at Tufts University, Miami of Ohio and Harvard. Currently, I teach the Start Up Intensive through Central Wyoming College in Jackson, Wyoming. Through co-founding an entrepreneurial success story called Imagitas, helping 1000+ students at Harvard’s Kennedy School discover and pursue their passions, raising five children, caregiving for a husband with advanced stage cancer and climbing peaks all over the world, I have learned that it takes courage, grace and grit to live the life of my dreams. Over the last six years, I have deepened my knowledge of psychology, consciousness and success coaching by earning a Master’s Degree in Spiritual Psychology and working of a PhD in Depth Psychology. For nearly 35 years, I have been working with energetic leaders from Fortune 500 companies and non-profit organizations alike. I have run teams as well as coached and consulted throughout her career. My ‘aha moment’ around people’s professional success, vitality and overall health came when I realized that the people who were most effective were not those who worked the hardest or ran the fastest professionally. It was those who took the time to connect inside, reflect on their values and purpose, be vulnerable around new awareness and learning, and find gratitude every day. And science only reinforces these benefits.
Six is an important number. In numerology, the number six is connected with balance, responsibility and love. It is the most harmonious of the single digit numbers, representing the mother and the teacher in us all. The six-pointed star has been known through history as the coming together of heaven and earth.